In Bird and Beans, you play as a small bird named Pyoro trying to eat seeds from the sky before they destroy the platform you are standing on. This is a faithful port/remake of the original game, which was a launch title for the Nintendo DSi, originally released outside of Japan in 2009. The DSiWare original itself is also a port of the mini-game “Pyoro” from the first WarioWare title on the Gameboy Advance.
I do not own the original music or gameplay, as those are all copyrighted by Nintendo. I developed this remake purely for fun to learn the Playdate SDK, and am not asking for any money. Instead, you can buy the original game on the 3DS eShop for $1.99 until the shop shuts down in March 2023. If there’s enough interest, I may develop a spiritual successor to the game that avoids the use of copyrighted assets.
- All the classic Pyoro gameplay you know and love
- 1-bit remakes of all the original sprites
- Optional crank controls for Pyoro’s tongue
- Dynamic soundtrack
- True-to-the-original tongue physics
- High score tracking
- Verified to run great on device!
Please feel free to share any feedback, high scores, or bug reports in the comments below.
Download NowName your own price
Click download now to get access to the following files:BirdAndBeans v1.0.221 MB
- May 24th 2022 – TECHBLOX, THE FREE TO PLAY BUILD-EM-UP LAUNCHES STEAM PAGE – TRAILER WITH WEAPONS AND DESTRUCTION - May 24, 2022
- Drago Noka: Develop the village of your dreams atop the back of an enormous dragon in this Simulation Game coming soon! - May 24, 2022
- Celtic Inspired Zelda Album from ZREO: Second Quest - May 24, 2022