Ray Flower Games announcing Captain Soda on Steam
Engage in refreshing chemical warfare by wielding weaponized soda to defend Earth from waves of invading aliens! Captain Soda is a charming soda-themed arena shooter inspired by Super Crate Box.Gameplay overview:Customize your loadout of weapons and accessories to gear up. Splatter those aliens with their one weakness in level after level of intense challenge — just be careful not to run out of soda and catch yourself thirsty! Refill your stock of bubbly death in Charge-and-retreat combat gameplay.
- A unique soda experience — For the first time, play with cool soda weapons as you melt aliens in a silly and refreshing game
- Much more than a Super Crate Box clone — Taking inspiration from the critically-acclaimed game, Captain Soda features many more levels, enemies, unique weapons and new mechanics to satisfy your craving for arcade-style gameplay
- Play how you like — Choose from a wide array of weaponry and character-enhancing accessories to customize your loadout
- A challenging level-based campaign — Discover challenges and surprises for you to enjoy at your own pace
A little bit more about the project’s development:
Captain Soda was inspired by Super Crate Box along with Vlambeer’s other games. For the soda theme I thought the idea of “soda weapons” would be cool and since there were no other games which had any meaningful soda mechanics or themes, I decided that this was a great opportunity to make a unique and compelling experience. I started development of the project back in October of 2020 and through development I have consulted with and was mentored by Gabriel Dal Santos Chaves — co-owner of Pixel Cows and founder of Pro Indie Dev (PID).
When linking to the game on Steam, please use this link which contains metadata.
- Pando Software, ‘PANDONIA ARENA’ Launch is Coming Soon!! - July 1, 2022
- The classic Beat ’em-Up era is back with Itadaki Smash – Today available on Nintendo Switch - July 1, 2022
- Flexion Mobile launches King of Avalon - July 1, 2022