A strategy-based resource management simulation, where three houses fight for control of the planet Dune – the land of sand and home of the spice.
This project started as a fun idea, that I expected to get done within a month or two. Well… almost 3 years later (working on & off, in my free time) – I’m happy to say that it is finally finished! 😅
👥 All 3 Factions (+Sardaukar)
👨🏫 All 3 Mentats (+Bene Gesserit)
️🗺️ All 9 Mission Levels (inc. anim map w/ intros)
🔊 Music + SFX remade for PICO-8 (by Gruber)
🏭 All 19 Building Types
🚛 All 21 Unit Types
🏯 All Palace Weapons
️⛰️ Multiple Terrain Types
️️⛏️ Spice Blooms
🌁 Fog of War
📡 Low/High-res Radar
🤖 Multiple AI Opponents
💾 Auto-saving after each Level
📊 Level End Stats (w/ Rankings)
💾 ️Spanning 11 PICO-8 Carts
⏳ Hours of gameplay
- LMB: Select Unit/Building, Choose destination/target
- RMB: Deselect/Cancel
If you’ve never played the original (or an old-school RTS) before, the basic principle of UnDUNE II is as follows.
Build up your base by …building! (just remember to put down concrete slab foundations before placing your buildings, to avoid damage).
Wind Traps generate electricity to power your buildings. Refinery’s take raw Spice (mined by Harvesters), which are converted into credits, to allow you to build more! Take your units and explore your new terrain.
But watch out, as you are not alone. There are two other foreign factions that will fight you for control of Dune. Not to mention the native lifeforms – such as Sandworms, which can swallow units whole!
Units can be instructed to attack enemy units and may automatically retreat when outnumbered. Harvesters will automatically try to find the closest spice, but can also be told where to mine – they’ll also automatically return to base for unloading when full.
Grow your base, expand your building options as you go (more will unlock at later levels). Preserve your Construction Yard at all costs – you can’t build another one!*
*(unless you have an MCV…)
(+feel free to share any cool pics/vids using #UnDUNE2 hashtag)
- Improve radar quality by building a Radar Outpost
(ensure sufficient power levels are maintained to keep operational)
- Certain buildings require other buildings to be built before they will be available.
- Other buildings and units will unlock at the later levels.
- If you need credits fast, you can send a Harvester back to Refinery early.
- Some units are only available to certain factions – such as Harkonnen Devastator, Ordos Deviator, Atreides Sonic Tank.
- Build a Repair Centre and units will try to go directly to them get fixed without you having to tell them.
- Build base foundations quickly by placing 4×4 Concrete Slabs (even if on uneven terrain)
- Build a Carryall as soon as you can (via Hi-Tech Factory) – as they will pick-up/drop-off units (such as Harvesters and retreating units) MUCH faster.
- Trikes are fast and inexpensive – use them to scout enemy bases
(just make sure you’re prepared for a fight once they know where you are!)
- Sandworms can’t “eat” units if they are on land.
- Spice Blooms (mounds) can be shot to release payloads of spice.
The following are features that didn’t make it – mostly due to lack of space:
- Capturing buildings not possible (couldn’t find enough tokens)
- Bullets don’t stop at buildings/walls
- Soldiers not created on building destruction
- FIX: Atreides unable to build Troopers (thx all for reporting!)
- Initial release
Download NowName your own price
Click download now to get access to the following files:UnDUNE2_linux.zip815 kBUnDUNE2_osx.zip3 MBUnDUNE2_raspi.zip2 MBUnDUNE2_windows.zip1 MB
- Pando Software, ‘PANDONIA ARENA’ Launch is Coming Soon!! - July 1, 2022
- The classic Beat ’em-Up era is back with Itadaki Smash – Today available on Nintendo Switch - July 1, 2022
- Flexion Mobile launches King of Avalon - July 1, 2022