Hamburg, January 24th, 2022 – Fans of 80s-horror, rejoice! Today, the sci-fi thriller Hidden Deep, developed by Polish one-man studio Cogwheel Software, enters Early Access on Steam and sends a reconnaissance mission into a claustrophobic research facility where nameless horrors lurk. Armed with various gadgets, players have to explore the dark, abandoned depths alone or in special co-op missions. Hidden Deep will continuously receive new content and improvements during the Early Access phase.
Early Access launch trailer: https://youtu.be/B5kPVts2_Os
The Early Access launch follows after a popular beta in December 2021, played by over 50.000 Steam users. The highly anticipated game already boasts a wishlist that is nearing the 200.000 mark, an active Discord community with over 10k members, and a popular TikTok channel.
In Hidden Deep, players explore a vast suboceanic research and mining facility, inhabited by alien creatures brought to life in a 2D game world full of action, mystery, and danger. They must command their team members and find out what happened in the abandoned caves and corridors, unraveling a dark sci-fi horror mystery inspired by classic movies from the ‘80s and ’90s.
To explore the depths and find the missing researchers, the rescue team has a variety of tools at their disposal. Learn to master the grappling hook to avoid plummeting to your death or bashing your head in, use drones to scan the colossal cave systems, operate heavy machinery to explore new areas of the research station and blast your way through to new caves with demolition charges. Shoot or sneak your way through dangerous traps and alien lairs – and try not to get eaten by the facility’s inhabitants
With today’s co-op update, beta players are now able to work together with a friend on specific coop missions in challenge mode. They have to solve problems as a team via local multiplayer or use the Steam remote play feature.
- Gripping, gritty sci-fi story. The story pays homage to many classic games and movies of the 80s and 90s such as Aliens, The Thing from Another World and the first Half-Life game.
- An arsenal of tools – from grappling hooks and scanners to drones, weapons and heavy machinery.
- More than 20 hours of gameplay in Story Mode (to be completed within the game’s Early Access).
- Challenge mode for even more in-depth adventure.
- Local co-op and remote play co-op already available (online co-op will be introduced during the game’s Early Access).
About Daedalic Entertainment (Publisher) Daedalic Entertainment publishes and develops high-quality games for all platforms. The company has a diverse line-up of high-quality titles, including classic adventures, RPGs, and strategy and multiplayer games. With over 50 employees, Daedalic is currently developing a new line-up of innovative games across consoles, PC, and mobile platforms. Based in Hamburg, Germany, Daedalic is one of Europe’s most acclaimed publishers and developers. With a total of 32 awards in the German Developers Award (including multiple accolades for ‘Studio of the Year’) and 12 German Computer Game Awards for genre-defining games such as Deponia, Edna & Harvey, Silence, Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun, Ken Follett’s The Pillars of the Earth, The Long Journey Home, and State of Mind, Daedalic is a record holder for the two most prestigious game awards in Germany. Recent publishing hits include Barotrauma, Unrailed!, Iratus: Lord of the Dead, Partisans 1941 and more.
Daedalic is currently developing the AAA title The Lord of the Rings – Gollum. The action-adventure tells the story of Gollum from a perspective never witnessed before in any storytelling media, all the while staying faithful to the legendary books of J.R.R. Tolkien.
- May 24th 2022 – TECHBLOX, THE FREE TO PLAY BUILD-EM-UP LAUNCHES STEAM PAGE – TRAILER WITH WEAPONS AND DESTRUCTION - May 24, 2022
- Drago Noka: Develop the village of your dreams atop the back of an enormous dragon in this Simulation Game coming soon! - May 24, 2022
- Celtic Inspired Zelda Album from ZREO: Second Quest - May 24, 2022