Playable demo in nine languages in the rooster for Splendidly Supernatural category
Madrid, January 20th, 2022 | enComplot, a two people indie studio, is happy to be taking part in 2022’s Big Adventure Event edition, along with many great adventures big and small, with a playable demo of their upcoming weird horror comedy adventure game inspired by the gothic tale tradition, The Season of the Warlock, featuring two different storylines to choose from.
Access our presskit.
About The Season of the Warlock
Lord Alistair Ainsworth is at the University of Edgestow, giving a lecture on the enigmatic figure of Waldemar the Warlock, who is said to have reigned with an iron fist and through the use of dark magics in the distant region of Groldavia. But his investigations are little more than absurd in the eyes of the scholars, for there is no proof of the existence of the warlock at all. Lord Alistair, frustrated, decides he should look for it in Groldavia.
There, he will find an imposing portrait of the warlock, which appears to be the depositary of Waldemar´s errant soul ‒ a soul that is still yearning to carry out its grisly vengeance and presents Lord Alistair with an offer he will not be able to resist…
Or will he?
Discover the Barony of Groldavia
Are you looking for a place to hide dark secrets? Are you a fugitive who wants to remain comfortably anonymous? Are you tired of your mundane worries and need a sinister place where superstition is held with intensity? Groldavia is your promised land!
Far from any hint of civilization and lost among the deepest mountains of Eastern Europe, the Barony of Groldavia offers its visitors the most authentic obscurantism, based on a rancid tradition of illiteracy, fear and sheer ignorance.
Discover Groldavia! Savour the true flavour of the fateful Europe!
· Two storylines to choose from: same overarching plot, one choice that changes everything you play.
· Two playable characters, two world visions: step in the shoes of both Lord Alistair Ainsworth and his loyal butler, Nigel.
· Grand adventure design: experience a complex series of intertwined organic puzzles at the heart of the game.
· Captures ‒ with a twist of humour ‒ the charm of the horror films from the 60s and 70s based on the works of Edgar Allan Poe and H.P. Lovecraft; and the charisma of actors such as Vincent Price, Peter Cushing, Christopher Lee and Barbara Steele.
· Both point & click and direct control options: you are at the helm.
· Atmosphere reigns supreme: rich artistic imagery, lively and colourful 2D backgrounds, and wholly blended 3D characters.
· Original soundtrack with live instruments, full voiceovers in English.
- Pando Software, ‘PANDONIA ARENA’ Launch is Coming Soon!! - July 1, 2022
- The classic Beat ’em-Up era is back with Itadaki Smash – Today available on Nintendo Switch - July 1, 2022
- Flexion Mobile launches King of Avalon - July 1, 2022