Today, Epic Games announced a new collaboration between Fortnite, artist KAWS and London’s Serpentine.
In a first-of-its-kind experience bridging the physical and virtual art worlds, players can experience a recreation of KAWS’ global art project NEW FICTION – which opened today at London’s Serpentine North Gallery – in Fortnite.
This is the first time Fortnite has made a real-world art show accessible virtually to its millions of players around the world.
A few highlights from the collaboration:
- The gallery will be featured starting today and until January 25 at 3pm GMT, accessible from Fortnite’s Discover page.
- Nate Nanzer, VP of Global Partnerships at Epic Games says:
- “This is the second time we’ve partnered up with KAWS to bring his unique artistic vision to Fortnite – and the first time Fortnite has made a real-world art exhibit accessible virtually to our millions of players around the world. Art and creative culture inspire our players on a daily basis, and we’re thrilled that this partnership will bring the work of KAWS to an even more diverse global audience. This is a space we plan to continue to invest in over the coming years”.
- Artist KAWS, said:
- “This is an incredibly exciting project for me. I always like exploring new mediums for my art. The collaboration with Fortnite means everything is coming together in a complex exhibition that takes place in parallel realities. I want to thank the incredible teams at Fortnite and Serpentine.”
Please check out the blog post for more details.
- Pando Software, ‘PANDONIA ARENA’ Launch is Coming Soon!! - July 1, 2022
- The classic Beat ’em-Up era is back with Itadaki Smash – Today available on Nintendo Switch - July 1, 2022
- Flexion Mobile launches King of Avalon - July 1, 2022