Choose between the Aeterna (a more accesible experience) or the Noctis (the original, challenging experience) game mode
Sony Interactive Entertainment España (SIE España) and Aeternum Game Studios announce that its hand drawn 2D metroidvania Aeterna Noctis has released its first free major update, aiming to make the game more accessible. After listening carefully to the community, Aeternum Game Studios decided to add a new game mode, for those players demanding a more accessible experience, plus other quality of life improvements. Developed under the PlayStation®Talents Alianzas initiative, Aeterna Noctis is available on PlayStation for $29.99/€29,99. The studio has also announced the Caos Collector’s Edition, that will be distributed in Europea by Selecta Visión.
Aeterna Noctis now has two game modes. Aeterna is a more accessible experience focused on exploration and action while Noctis is the original, challenging experience. The studio has redesigned the levels for the Aeterna mode to make the difficulty curve less steep. Also, the final bosses will have slightly less HP so players will be able to beat them more easily. Players will be able to switch between both modes without having to start a new game. The studio has also implemented other new features, such as adding more thrones to the map, as requested by the community and there are a number of bugs that have been solved.
The Caos collector’s edition, available on Spring, will have the following items:
- A premium collector’s box designed specifically for PS5.
- A steelbook PS5 version of the game.
- Premium collectors artbook with more than 224 pages.
- Aeterna Noctis three-disc original soundtrack
- Two postcards.
The studio continues to share new content on social media. You can find a link to all their communities on the game’s website https://www.aeternathegame.com/.
ABOUT AETERNA NOCTIS
Aeterna Noctis is a 2D hand-drawn Metroidvania supported by PlayStation Spain as part of their program PlayStation®Alianzas. It tells the story of the King of Darkness and his never-ending crusade against the Queen of Light for the throne of Aeterna. Long time ago, both leaders were cursed with the gift of immortality and sentenced to fight each other until the end of days.
- Experience a metroidvania with a challenging difficulty. Easy to learn, but hard to master as you gain experience and unlock new skills.
- Explore the mysterious lands of Aeterna in a non-linear way. You are always the one to choose your next challenge. All the levels are designed to fully exploit the movement skills of the characters, opening multiple ways to overcome each challenge.
- Enjoy a clean and fluid gameplay designed and polished to achieve a system that responds to 100% of the actions regardless of the speed and conditions in which they are executed.
- Immerse in a deep and beautiful story. Aeterna Noctis is not just about platforms! As a proud son of the Metroidvania genre, it is also filled with fast-paced action, epic moments, and unexpected twists that will captivate even the most experienced of players.
- Pando Software, ‘PANDONIA ARENA’ Launch is Coming Soon!! - July 1, 2022
- The classic Beat ’em-Up era is back with Itadaki Smash – Today available on Nintendo Switch - July 1, 2022
- Flexion Mobile launches King of Avalon - July 1, 2022