Celebrate the launch of the James Webb Space Telescope with a unique event
Brooklyn New York / December 22 / 2021 – After 25 years of development the James Webb Telescope is set to launch on December 24th, and to celebrate its landmark venture into space, Cell to Singularity will run a two week event to mark the human endeavor and achievement that the satellite represents.
The largest telescope ever sent into space, and 100x more powerful than the Hubble, the James Webb will significantly improve the quality and coverage of footage and research we can collect in space. Its purpose? To discover more about the Big Bang, our galaxy, star formations, and planetary chemical compositions in the hope of finding new life.
Alongside the telescope’s launch, Cell To Singularity will begin its 14 day story-driven event. A glitch needs to be fixed in the Beyond simulation and every player must band together and collectively click on the glitched telescope before the deadline in order to successfully launch it into space. Every participant has a chance to earn up to 20 Darwinium cubes when they click and successfully fixing the glitch will give every player a temporary simulation boost across the whole game! The final reward is a permanent 3D telescope available to view, experience, and discover facts about in the Beyond Garden.
Coupled with the in-game event, Cell To Singularity will also be launching a social contest to “Launch Your Own Satellite”. Participants are encouraged to design and submit their own original satellites to the development team in honor of the James Webb Space Telescope launch! Submissions can be serious or silly, and they can use any creative medium to create their satellites (drawing, painting, sculpting, etc). Entries are made by submitting designs to the Cell to Singularity Discord.
With the contest set to run from December 23rd to January 24th, there will be three winners in total judged by the development teams collective favorites. Contestants have a chance to win a 3D model of their satellite design, a Darwinium cube package, or Cell To Singularity merchandise.
Cell to Singularity is an interactive evolution simulator that takes players from the very dawn of time to the age of the dinosaurs, all the way to a post-future civilization. The famed idle clicker recently released its Beyond expansion, achieving its highest ever player count to date, with over 100,000 new downloads on Steam, and over 300,000 across mobile devices.
Players can play Cell to Singularity: Beyond right now for free on Steam, iOS, and Android, and discover all there is to know about our solar system.
Those seeking to learn more about the James Webb Telescope can visit NASA’s official website, or the Royal Museums.
- Countless hours of addictive–but very informative–clicker gameplay
- With every tap, earn Entropy–the evolutionary currency for life in the universe
- Climb civilizations’ Tech Tree by spending Ideas on countless scientific and technology upgrades
- Unlock the future of evolution and the mystery of the technological singularity.
- Discover and learn scientific facts about the evolution of life and natural history as you play
- Enter a space odyssey into speculative science fiction as you click past modern civilization
- Upgrade the evolution of a single cell organism into a civilization on the brink of a technological singularity
- Pando Software, ‘PANDONIA ARENA’ Launch is Coming Soon!! - July 1, 2022
- The classic Beat ’em-Up era is back with Itadaki Smash – Today available on Nintendo Switch - July 1, 2022
- Flexion Mobile launches King of Avalon - July 1, 2022