London, England, December 14th, 2021 – After the first Mushroom War spread the spores of success as one of the first RTS titles on consoles for PlayStation 3, Zillion Whales is proud to announce that their dynamic real-time strategy title Mushroom Wars 2, will be available on Xbox One/Series X and PlayStation 4 & 5 on January 13th, 2022!
With a revamped UI made for modern consoles, you can revisit the epic single-player campaign and massive multiplayer battles with up to 4 players! Reintroduce yourself to all the crazy mushroom cap combat with the feisty fungal fighters you’ll have at your command.
In order to lead your feisty mushroom fighters to victory, you’ll need fast reflexes, an eye for strategy, and the ability to oversee up to thousands of units at once. Choose a hero to lead your army, and take control of the battlefield in a variety of multiplayer modes or challenging single-player campaigns.
Mushroom Wars 2 features 12 unique heroes belonging to one of the four tribes: brave Shrooms, alien Proteus, amazonian Shii’Moris, and necromantic Grims. Choose the hero that best fits your play style and unleash their special skills at the right moment to overpower enemy troops. Hone your skills by competing and cooperating with your friends in over 80 multiplayer maps―both locally and online―or discover story campaigns spanning 100 levels.
Watch the gameplay trailer for Mushroom Wars 2 on YouTube
- Short-session RTS battles with up to thousands of Mushroom troops
- Wild cooperative and competitive multiplayer modes for up to 4 players, including 2v2
- Story-driven single-player campaign complete with boss battles
- Fierce hero characters who can turn the tide of battle with special skills
- UI updated for console gameplay and intuitive controls that make large armies easy to command
- A large variety of map configurations and modifiers to keep aspiring Commanders on their toes
- Built-in leagues, ranked matches, replay feature, and spectator mode make it easy to enter the competitive scene