Aiko’s Choice, the long-awaited standalone expansion for the acclaimed real-time tactics game Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogunwill arrive on December 6th, 2021, marking the 5th anniversary of the release of the original game! Players will once again be sent to the ancient capital of Japan, Edo. There they will accompany the kunoichi adept Aiko and her deadly assassin friends to hunt down the ghosts of her past.
The new trailer sets the mood for Aiko’s Choice by summarizing the events of the main game (potential spoiler): https://youtu.be/GPxtAQxgpJoThe streaming and review embargo for the game will drop on Dec. 3rd (more details in your key approval), and the game itself will take around 6 to 8 hrs to play through depending on skill level. Who’s got the skills, yo?
- Return to the beautiful world of Shadow Tactics set in Japan in the early Edo period.
- Rejoin your favorite characters for another adventure set within the story of the main game Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun.
- Experience a previously untold tale centered around the kunoichi adept Aiko, who has to face a vicious enemy connected to her past.
- Explore three full-fledged main missions, located in brand-new environments, and three shorter interlude missions.
The expansion includes all the features of the main game:
- Play a team of completely different characters with their own unique skill sets.
- Synchronize your team’s actions to strike down your enemies at once with the “Shadow Mode” feature.
- Choose between non-lethal or deadly stealth attacks.
- Find dozens of ways to take out or sneak past your opponents the way you want.
- Choose from three difficulty levels to match your skill.
Visit the official Steam page for more information. A copy of the main game is not required to play this standalone expansion but it is recommended to experience the first missions of the main game before diving into Aiko´s Choice.