The popularity of the ridiculously fun multiplayer mode has resulted in oodles of updates and improvements and is free to everyone who owns Superliminal on Windows! Don’t have it yet? Grab it for 40% off until Dec 1st! Seattle, Washington– November 24th, 2021 — Superliminal’s free anniversary multiplayer update was so well-received that Pillow Castle Games have been working hard on adding tons of exciting updates to further improve the temporary mode! In addition to these updates, the celebration continues with an extended sale of a whopping 40% off on Steamuntil December 1st. This multiplayer mode may only be available through the holiday season so don’t wait too long to give it a try!
Check out the anniversary announcement trailer and read about the game and updates below:
Watch the Anniversary Announcement Trailer
2021 Steam AwardsSuperliminal was a finalist in the 2020 Steam Awards in the “Most Innovative Gameplay” category and the team is hoping to score a win this year in the “Labor of Love” category. Pillow Castle’s small team has made consistent efforts to improve and add to their game which has certainly been a labor of love since the initial launch in 2019. Vote for Superliminal here!
By order of appearance, here are the many updates that have been added since the November 5th release:
- Bottomless pit technology
- Removed cubes from possible randomizations in Whitespace Stairs room
- Cosmetic: Mustache 2 wiggles
- Room randomizations improved. Less likely to see the same rooms!
- Ledge room is more challenging. Intentionally.
- Improved art and lighting in following puzzle rooms: Buttons and Cubes, Ledge, Climb, Duck Chaos, Grab Lots of Objects, Lobby
- Reliability fix for the Portal-To-First-Place powerup
- Better cosmetic panel and Win screens
- Clearer visual treatment for objects that cannot be grabbed
- Reset To Checkpoint button in Pause Screen. If you ever get stuck, you can also get un-stuck, too.
- New objects in Lobby
- Lobby will auto-launch the game when it has enough players and is public
- No more region limits – Play with your international friends, at long last! The game automatically chooses the best region for your current connection.
- All-New Puzzle Room: Dome Projection
- Continued improvements to region merging – player no longer needs to manually choose a region in order to find or join rooms
What is Superliminal?Superliminal is a first-person puzzle game that uses perception as a mechanic. You play as someone who wakes up in a surprisingly lucid dream. As you complete puzzles to get to the next exit, certain patterns and truths become more apparent. In this game, everything is exactly what it seems to be! Wait, no… that’s not right. Everything is the opposite of what you think it is? That’s not correct either. This is a game about breaking expectations and thinking outside the box. What you see is what you get. Literally.
Experimental “Battle Royale” Mode This seasonal update offers a fun—and frankly surreal—spin on the forced perspective puzzle game players have come to know and love. This totally normal, not-strange-at-all “battle royale” mode will pit up to 12 players against each other through a series of randomly generated rooms full of surreal obstacles in a race to the end, under the watchful eye of the Standard Orientation Protocol. Just look for the exit signs… and watch out for the ducks!
Ready to grab some friends and join Dr. Glenn Pierce in his “SomnaSculpt Dream Therapy” program? Superliminal will be available on Steam with a celebratory 40% discount until December 1st, making it only $11.99 USD. Group therapy has never been cheaper.
Find more about Superliminal at:
- Press Kit: http://pillowcastle.org/presskits/superliminal/
- Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1049410/Superliminal/
- Wreckfest Piles Up On Stadia Today – Claim For Free With Stadia Pro! - December 1, 2021
- “Castle of Shikigami 2” and “Crimzon Clover World Explosion” will be released on December 6! - December 1, 2021
- Razor Edge Games Partners with iGames.gg for Round 2 of Eden Falling Closed Alpha Steam Key Giveaways - December 1, 2021