October 1, 2021 – Kaiju Wars pits players against insurmountable odds. As the mayor of Floatio city, players are tasked with throwing their entire arsenal at the kaiju wreaking havoc upon the city. But will it be enough? Developers Foolish Mortals have built an exciting take on the turn-based strategy genre, by giving players the quantity not the quality of resources.
Today, as a part of Steam Next Fest, people can now download a multi-hour demo that showcases what’s to come at full release early in 2022 — https://store.steampowered.com/app/1508400/Kaiju_Wars/
Watch the new released Kaiju Wars Demo Trailer — https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V15qytK8zVI
Command the army!
- We need more time! – Play as the mayor of Floatio city, tasked with holding off the overwhelming strength of a kaiju attack. Park tanks and jets in the monster’s path to slow it down (don’t worry, we have a good insurance policy).
- Construct buildings! – Build sacrificial army bases and airfields to distract the kaiju and line the city streets with fodder.
- Deploy experimental weapons! – Conventional weapons aren’t enough; deploy experimental weapons such as freeze rays and transforming mechas to keep the kaiju at bay.
EVACUATE! Our chief scientist is working on an anti-monster serum, but it’s not ready yet! Be prepared to evacuate the laboratory using transport trucks, boats, or planes when the kaiju get too close.
Fight the KAIJU!
- Five unique kaiju – Each specializing in different types of destruction.
- They mutate! – Tremble in fear as each kaiju grows stronger and gains devastating abilities through mid-level mutations.
- Unstoppable! – Kaiju can’t be killed, but can only be slowed down and forced to fall back… for now. Pepper them with ammunition, if you can.
- Predictable! – They move towards the nearest building, and them scientists have mathed the exact odds they step on each tile!
- Uncover the mystery – Strange things are happening: frequent volcanic eruptions, tsunamis and earthquakes. Find out why over the course of an 8+ hour story-based campaign.
- Embark on a Campaign! – Play missions from all over the world as you progress through the globe-trotting fight against kaiju. Test your wits in tactical puzzles, command dozens of units in large-scale scenarios, and fend off repeated attacks while developing your city economically in city defense missions.
- Upgrade your ACES – Veteran ACE units accompany you throughout your campaign. Spend medals to upgrade and customize your top fighters.
- Customize your Project Deck – Unlock powerful Project cards, customize your deck, and bring your best strategy to compete on the online leaderboard!
Create your own battles!
- Create your own city or scenario – Simple and easy to use, scenarios can be crafted in minutes using the drag and drop map editor
- Share your creations online – Share your cities or maps online using Steam Workshop integration
- Compete with other players! – Gain the top spot on the Weekly Challenge leaderboards
- Embark on a firefighting adventure in Nuclear Blaze, out on Steam today! - October 19, 2021
- Zombie Rollerz Will Go Full Tilt When It Plunges Onto PC and Switch - October 19, 2021
- HOT DIGGITY! Steam Workshop Brings the BOOM to Volcanoids! - October 19, 2021