Hamburg, Germany – September 9th, 2021 — Publisher Daedalic Entertainment and developer Snowhound Games, the studio behind the roguelike RPG Deep Sky Derelicts, have cooked up a management sim with a twist that is sure to bring magic into your life: Potion Tycoon allows you to manage your own magic potion shop, research recipes, secure resources, mix potions, build and optimize your production lines and expand your empire to rule the magical potion market. The game is set to release on Steam Early Access in early 2022.
Watch the enchanting announcement trailer
Potion Tycoon is a magical take on the management simulation genre. Open your own potion shop in a beautiful hand-drawn 2D world and strive to become the most successful brewer of magical concoctions in the realm. Manage all aspects of the potion mixing business: Experiment with various recipes, from healing to summoning potions, compete for resources or raise your own magical plants or fungi, and optimize your production lines. Expand your business by hiring new staff and researching new potions and machinery. Once you have set up a sophisticated, large-scale potion brewing facility, take a moment to watch your shop perform like a well-oiled machine.
Performance is not everything, a successful shop needs to build a brand to expand. Wow your customers by researching new furniture and creating the most beautiful storefront with the most exclusive philtres. An exquisite store might even attract VIPs, and special contracts can do wonders for your business – but make sure to fulfill their requests, otherwise they might ruin your reputation! Magical features:
- A tycoon game with a witchy twist: Build and grow your own magic shop.
- Deep management simulation: Manage production, prices and staff to build an efficient business.
- Research, construct and innovate: Develop your potion empire all the way from humble beginnings to high-end store.
- Elaborate alchemy system: Experiment with tons of ingredients and combinations to create new and improved potions.
- Profound market simulation: Dynamic events, market trends and competing companies to keep you on your toes.
- Playful 2D hand-drawn style: Enjoy watching the bustling life in your shop as automated production lines work hard and customers visit your store!
More information and news can be found on the Potion Tycoon Steam site. About Snowhound Games (Developer) Snowhound Games is a small but diverse indie developer from Finland. The studio was founded in 2014 and strives to create distinct, immersive and accomplished video game experiences through developing visually appealing and gameplay-wise demanding 2D games. Their first title, Deep Sky Derelicts, was published in 2018, now they are working on Potion Tycoon.
About Daedalic Entertainment (Publisher)
Daedalic Entertainment publishes and develops high-quality games for all platforms. The company has a diverse line-up of high-quality titles, including classic adventures, RPGs, and strategy and multiplayer games. With over 50 employees, Daedalic is currently developing a new line-up of innovative games across consoles, PC and mobile platforms.
Based in Hamburg, Germany, Daedalic is one of Europe’s most acclaimed publishers and developers. With a total of 32 awards in the German Developers Award (including multiple accolades for ‘Studio of the Year’) and 12 German Computer Game Awards for genre-defining games such as Deponia, Edna & Harvey, Silence, Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun, Ken Follett’s The Pillars of the Earth, The Long Journey Home, and State of Mind, Daedalic is a record holder for the two most prestigious game awards in Germany.
Daedalic is currently developing the AAA title The Lord of the Rings – Gollum. The action-adventure that tells the story of Gollum from a perspective never witnessed before in any storytelling media, all the while staying faithful to the legendary books of J.R.R. Tolkien.
- May 24th 2022 – TECHBLOX, THE FREE TO PLAY BUILD-EM-UP LAUNCHES STEAM PAGE – TRAILER WITH WEAPONS AND DESTRUCTION - May 24, 2022
- Drago Noka: Develop the village of your dreams atop the back of an enormous dragon in this Simulation Game coming soon! - May 24, 2022
- Celtic Inspired Zelda Album from ZREO: Second Quest - May 24, 2022