Available now on PC, Mac, iOS and Android
From today, Strixhaven: School of Mages is available to play on Magic: The Gathering Arena. Introducing 275 cards, and the first card set to launch since Magic: The Gathering Arena released on mobile, Strixhaven: School of Mages is a card set focused around a multiversal wizard’s college. Players are set to join one of five colleges each named after the Elder Dragon that school represents.
For daring adventurers, Lorehold will be a likely home. Players who use magic as artistic expression will gravitate toward Prismari. Math geniuses will find like-minded students within Quandrix, while wordsmiths are destined for Silverquill. For students who are inclined to enhance or exploit nature with their magic, the final college of Witherbloom is where they’re bound to lay their roots.
Students will discover three new mechanics in Strixhaven: School of Mages:
- Allows you to either discard a card and then draw a card to improve your hand, or reveal a Lesson card from outside the game and put it in your hand.
- An ability word that highlights triggered abilities that give you some sort of benefit whenever you cast—or copy—an instant or sorcery spell.
- Triggered ability. Whenever a permanent with ward becomes the target of a spell or ability an opponent controls, counter that spell or ability unless that opponent pays whatever cost is after the word “ward.” That cost can be mana, life, or pretty much anything else that can be a cost.
Strixhaven: School of Mages also introduces Mystical Archive, a collection of some of the most powerful spells ever cast in Magic: The Gathering – 63 cards from throughout Magic’s history that players will be able to introduce into their Historic and Standard decks. Mystical Archive also introduces special Japanese card styles as cosmetics for each of these cards.
View the complete Mystical Archive card list here.
MTG Arena For Mobile
In Magic: The Gathering Arena mobile, players can discover the complete desktop experience, optimised to support smaller screen sizes and touch-based control gestures. Featuring cross-platform support, players are now able to log into their Wizards Account wherever they are, complete quests, play competitively, and build decks regardless of platform.
Magic: The Gathering Arena on mobile features:
- Magic Anywhere and Everywhere – Players can play, manage and grow their Magic: The Gathering Arena collection wherever they go. All current card sets, formats, events, deck building and more all support on mobile, including Kaldheim, also launching today;
- Cross Play and Cross Platform Support – Players can use the same Wizards Account login across all platforms, allowing them more ways to play and grow their collection. Players on mobile can also match against others on Windows PC or Mac OS;
- Enhanced Mobile Features – Players can now tap their lands to add mana to their mana pool with touch screen and other gesture controls, as well as experience an updated interface for smaller screens;
To learn more about Magic: The Gathering Arena for Android, including hardware recommendations and support devices, please see the official FAQ here.
To learn more about Magic: The Gathering Arena, including hardware recommendations and support devices, please see the official FAQ here.
- Get higher, climb the tower. Join the guild and start the ascension. - September 21, 2021
- Action Metroidvania DOOMBLADE Announced at The Escapist Indie Showcase 2021 - September 21, 2021
- Kaleidoscopic Puzzle Game Recursive Ruin Announced at The Escapist Indie Showcase 2021 - September 21, 2021