he Pokémon Company International unveiled the next expansion for the best-selling Pokémon Trading Card Game, Sword & Shield—Chilling Reign, launching around the world on June 18, 2021.
Inspired by The Crown Tundra expansion for the Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield video games, Sword & Shield—Chilling Reign introduces over 70 new Battle Styles cards for Trainers to improve their Single Strike or Rapid Strike deck.
Calyrex will make its Pokémon TCG debut as a Pokémon V and Pokémon VMAX in both Ice Rider and Shadow Rider forms, allowing players to bolster their decks, or create new ones, centered around this powerful Pokémon that will deliver exciting gameplay strategies. In addition, Trainers can look forward to playing with many new Pokémon V and Pokémon VMAX, including cards featuring Galarian Articuno, Galarian Zapdos, and Galarian Moltres.
Available in booster packs, special collections, and two versions of the Elite Trainer Box featuring Ice Rider Calyrex and Shadow Rider Calyrex, the full Sword & Shield—Chilling Reign expansion includes the following:
- Eight Pokémon VMAX
- 15 Pokémon V and 26 full-art Pokémon V
- 28 Trainer cards and 13 full-art Supporter cards
- Three new Special Energy cards
Trainers interested in playing with the expansion before it launches can do so by grabbing the Sword & Shield—Chilling Reign Build & Battle Box, available through their local participating Pokémon TCG retailer starting June 5. Each box contains four Sword & Shield—Chilling Reign booster packs; a 23-card Evolution pack featuring key cards from current and prior sets, including one of four alternate-art promo cards; and a deck-building tip sheet.
For additional information about the Pokémon TCG, visit Pokemon.com/TCG.
- Get higher, climb the tower. Join the guild and start the ascension. - September 21, 2021
- Action Metroidvania DOOMBLADE Announced at The Escapist Indie Showcase 2021 - September 21, 2021
- Kaleidoscopic Puzzle Game Recursive Ruin Announced at The Escapist Indie Showcase 2021 - September 21, 2021