One year ago today, Avorion left the “Early Access” on Steam by reaching version 1.0. The game had been built and optimized together with the community during the time in Early Access was now ready for what is called the “full commercial launch” in the game industry.
The launch was successful, the sales figures rose to around 300,000 units, but the journey did not end there – the developers stayed on the ball, worked hard and produced update after update. And now, just in time for the one-year launch anniversary, Update 2.0 is just around the corner. It will fundamentally change the game in many parts and significantly improve many systems with massive changes. The following changes are planned:
- New progression system where players acquire building knowledge of the various materials
- New “Classic Avorion” scenario without the new progression
- Fully configurable “Free Play” scenario
- Captains with specialized talents and personalities
- Improved AI orders to send your ship to go mining, trading, scouting and more
- Improved UI visuals
- Improvements to the independent targeting mechanics
- Many “quality of life”-improvements like less micro management, easier crew management and traveling to far away sectors, autopilots, many balancing changes, UI improvements like a sector overview that shows available missions, goods and crew members of all stations, and many, many more!
Avorion will feel like a new game, promised.
- Embark on a firefighting adventure in Nuclear Blaze, out on Steam today! - October 19, 2021
- Zombie Rollerz Will Go Full Tilt When It Plunges Onto PC and Switch - October 19, 2021
- HOT DIGGITY! Steam Workshop Brings the BOOM to Volcanoids! - October 19, 2021